Investors are sometimes offered inadequate compensation for their stock during a company merger or acquisition. Directors and managers frequently have conflicts of interest, which prevent them from maximizing shareholder value or providing a fair process or fair compensation.
Wolf Popper has represented thousands of investors, including several institutional investors, damaged in such instances, ensuring that our clients received the maximum compensation to which they were entitled.
The attorneys at Wolf Popper advise investors along with private and public companies regarding a wide range of issues:
- Prosecuting class or individual actions challenging unfair mergers
- Prosecuting shareholder derivative actions
- Corporate governance matters
- Modifying Boards of Directors
- Golden parachute payments
- Forming and structuring business entities
- Shareholder agreements and stock redemptions
- Compensation arrangements
- Advising directors and officers on fiduciary responsibilities
- Mergers and acquisitions and tender offers
- Compliance with state and federal securities law
If you feel that a merger, tender offer, or other buy-out transaction is unfair, report it to Wolf Popper LLP.